The McComb School District's Partners in Education (PIE)
The mission of the McComb School District Partners in Education (PIE) is to promote academic success throughout the school district, build relationships with the students, schools, businesses, and local community, and promote community success through firm partnerships and professionalism in a unified fun, and productive manner.
FACTS ABOUT PIE
- Launched June 14, 2016 with a tour of Summit School.
- Comprised of 12-15 Advisory Board Members from the Business Community.
- First Advisory Board Meeting was held at Trustmark Bank on July 7, 2016.
- Advisory Board meets every 2nd Thursday of each month. Every meeting is hosted by a PIE Partner or Community Partner.
- Alumni PIE-Each component has a committee chair who leads.
- PIE recruiting is ongoing.
There are eight components of the PIE program in the McComb School District which include:
- Media Relations
- Hall of Fame Scholarship Council
- Community PIE
- PIE Alumni Council
- Health and Wellness