Dear McComb School District Family,
Each new school year comes with predictions, optimism, and a new sense of hope for students, educators, parents and stakeholders. The past several years have been defined by superficial changes and shifts that have maintained the status quo. Perhaps no year will be more transformational to the McComb School District, and have a longer lasting impact, than this school year.
Our focus this school year is "A Mindset Shift into World-Class." We will be embarking upon a new way of teaching and learning that will disrupt the status quo and overtake the traditional educational approach. Our recently developed strategic plan will serve as the roadmap to transforming policy, practice and developing the next generation of students empowered to change the world. The 2015 - 2016 road-map include:
- Developing a core of exemplary teachers
- Redefining the district's curriculum, pedagogy and delivery system by implementing personalized, student-centered teaching and learning to 250 kindergarten - fourth grade students
- Equipping kindergarten - fourth grade teachers with MacBook laptops to enhance instructional delivery
- Furnishing iPads to kindergarten - fourth grade students to be used in personalized and blended learning
- Providing Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) to students at selected kindergarten-fourth schools
The road map has been set, the process has begun, the transformation is in progress, and thus far, stakeholder support has been excellent. Our goal is clear; we are working to create an educational system where student success is inevitable and all students are cultivated to become fierce competitors in a global society. Collectively, we have the power to transform educational opportunities for our children. If not us, then who? If not now, then when? We must respond to the needs of the next generation of learners; giving them a fair chance to succeed, to compete, and to become world-class competitors. Our children deserve the best, we must stop settling for less than world-class.
Thank you for your continued support.
Cederick L. Ellis, Sr., Ph. D.
Superintendent's Student Advisory Board – The Superintendent’s Student Advisory Board is a community service organization comprised of McComb High School Students. The board participates in numerous school events, volunteer projects, school board meetings, city board meetings, city-wide cleanups and leadership/team building projects. The board serves as the voice for the youth of McComb School District and the City of McComb.
Superintendent's Key Communicators – The Key Communicators are a network of McComb School District residents who are interested in our schools and well-connected to the schools and/or the community. The idea is to promote a continuing exchange between Key Communicators and the school district. Key Communicators become the eyes, ears, and mouthpiece for our district.
Superintendent and the Board of Trustees
– The McComb School District Board of Trustees is comprised of four appointed members and one elected member and is the official policy-making body for the school district. School Board meetings are held at the School District Administrative Offices in the Board Room. All meetings of the School Board are open to the public.2015-2016 School Board meeting results