The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC), After-school Programs of the McComb School District, McComb,
Mississippi, are open to students enrolled in the McComb School District. They offer academic, artistic, and cultural
enrichment opportunities to students and their families during non-school hours, after school, and during summer recess.
Some of the activities offered include: homework assistance, tutoring, Envision Math computer support, Life Skills, music,
dance, arts and crafts, community service and much more. Activities vary from site to site. Our academic enrichment opportunities
aim to meet state and district performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading and math. Students are
given healthy snacks each day before activities begin. Communication between parents and the after-school staff
is an important part of the program.
Students that will be given priority to participate in the 21st Century Program will be those who:
Learn about our .
- Score at or below the minimal level on the Mississippi Curriculum Test
- Attend our Adolescent Offender Program at Summit School
- Live in the Jewel Rushing complex
- Are failing or at risk of failure
- Are referred by faculty, other school personnel, parents or community agencies