The McComb School District Child Nutrition Services (CNS) Program, an extension of the education
program for the schools, is administered through the United States Department of
Agriculture, the Mississippi Department of Education and the local School Board.
Comprehensive regulations must be adhered to in order to receive federal funding.
It is our goal to plan and serve attractive, healthy, nutritious meals within
the limits of available funding, to promote nutrition education to our students,
to contribute to the overall education process of the student, and to have sound
Food fuels our bodies. Children can be successful in the classroom if they are
well nourished. We have been working hard to provide the healthiest meals available
to help children succeed.
We are proud to report the program’s accomplishments over the last few years:
With a team of 34 dedicated employees, the Child Nutrition Department prepares and
serves approximately 2500 lunches and 1500 school breakfasts daily, and we will continue
to work hard for the benefit of our students, teachers, and staff.
- We eliminated all frying of food over five years ago
- We offer whole grains three or more times a week
- We have no added transfats
- We have reduced the fat content of milk to 1% or less
- We offer fresh fruit daily
- We offer fresh vegetables daily
APPLY FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION INFORMATION
Letters to Households
Reduced Lunch Application Information:
Please return completed application to:
- This is a special application that requires scanning - please pick up one from your child's school.
- This is a family application -- you only need to fill out one application per family.
- Instructions for families with foster children are noted on the application.
Child Nutrition Services
695 Minnesota Avenue
McComb MS 39648
Please call 601 684-4661 if you need assistance in completing.